White Fish Kabob
White Fish Kabob (Mahi Kabab) is popular in Iran, particularly in the Caspian sea and the Persian Gulf regions. However white fish from the Caspian Sea is among the preferred type for the dish.
Fish is served traditionally for the Persian New Year Norooz. Iranians celebrate the new year to signify the beginning of spring. As a symbol of rebirth, most of the dishes served during Norooz holidays have herbs and fish to represent life.
White Fish Kabob benefit and calory
The most important reason why whitefish is so popular is its flavor, how easy it is to cook and you can use versatile ingredients when cooking with fish.
Whitefish is a perfect source of protein for anyone looking to lose weight or training for a sporting event. Whitefish is rich in phosphorus that is widely known to help maintain bone structure and density, as well as assisting bones in healing. The B12 vitamin in fish helps your body produce blood. It’s an immune system booster. All of the nutrients in fish can really help you feel and look younger. Every 100gr of whitefish has 172 calories.
White Fish Kabob Recipe
You can grill white fish in two ways. First, you can cut the fish into cubes; second, you can grill the whole fish.
- Remove the hard portion of the drill and wash them.
- Wash fish and pat completely dry. You can either cook fish with its head or cut it off — choices yours.
- Cut the belly of the fish. Season it with pepper and salt. Then arrange inside with sliced garlic and lemon. Add dill with more garlic.
- For even cooking, score fish every two to three inches. Season with salt, pepper, and add olive oil.
- Spray a pan or cookie sheet with some olive oil; then flip fish onto the seasoned pan side down. Rub some butter or olive oil all over the fish.
- Cook in the oven at 375° until fish is thoroughly cooked. You can grill fish on an open fire, but be careful to use medium-heat.
White Fish Kabob Ingredients
- Lemon juice/lemon
- Optional: parsley and pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Olive oil/ butter
- Infuse saffron in warm water. Set it aside.
- Wash, drain well, then cut the fish into small cubes.
- Mix onion, garlic, lemon juice, and saffron; then marinate the fish with them. The longer the mixture marinates, the tastier it will be.
- Skewer 5-6 fish pieces on the skewers; rub some olive oil or butter on it to become tender.
- Grill the fish on charcoal or gas grill. Turn the skewers regularly; let both sides be grilled well. When fish becomes golden-brown, it’s ready.
Whitefish kabob is often served with bread, rice, tomato, and fresh lemon juice.
Iranian traditional medicine believes in the cold/hot nature of food. Since fish is cold in nature, dates are served aside to balance it.
White Fish Kabob in Las Vegas
If you want to try White Fish Kabob in Las Vegas, have it at Hafez Persian Restaurant. We have been providing Persian food to the residents for 5+ years now. You can try a wide and different range of Persian cuisine with Hafez from kabobs to stews.
You could also order White Fish Kabob in Las Vegas online. Go through the menus of the website to order through UberEats or GrubHub.