Stats show that about six to eight million adults in the United States eat no meat, fish, or poultry.
People switch to vegetarian food for many reasons, including religious concerns, health, animal welfare, the recent use of hormones and antibiotics in livestock, losing weight, etc.
Some people can’t afford to eat meat, so they follow a vegetarian diet.
Vegetarian plate benefits and calories
The very first advantage of a veggie plate is that it lowers animal protein and saturated fat. It is higher in fiber, complex carbohydrates, and C, E vitamins. It can reduce the risk of heart disease. Recent stats show that vegetarians suffer less disease caused by a modern Western diet.
A study on 38,000 people showed that vegetarians, vegans, and fish eaters had a lower Body Mass Index (BMI) than meat-eaters. Scientists have found that a vegetarian diet lowers cholesterol levels as well as treatment with medication.
One serving of veggie plate has only 80 calories
Veggie plate Recipe
- Curl eggplants; add salt on them to take away the bitterness. Then saute it with oil.
- Cook broccoli with water, salt, pepper, and lemon; then cook cabbage in this way.
- Curl the zucchini and saute with a little oil.
- Cook the potatoes and house herbs with a little water.
- Wash the mushroom, salt then saute it.
- Curl the cabbage; cook with water, sugar, and lemon.
- Put the butter in a pan; add pepper, soya sauce, Balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, water, and cook for five minutes.
- Serve the cooked vegetables and raw ones on a plate and pour sauce on it.
In case you tend to have a dietary food without any oil, cook all the ingredients in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
You could use any vegetables, including Avacado, green beans, grains in your plate, or even mushroom sauce.
The veggie plate could also be served with rice.
Veggie plate Ingredients
Many people ask us how to cook veggie plates, but the ingredients of a veggie plate can vary in different countries and cultures. You can prepare it according to your taste, diet, and appetite.
The Persian veggie plate ingredients include:
- House herbs
- Lemon/lemon juice
- Salt, pepper
- Corn/canned corn
- Balsamic vinegar
- Soya sauce
Veggie plate in Las Vegas
A veggie plate is a healthy option for you to try with lots o benefits. You could try a veggie plate in Las Vegas in Hafez Persian Restaurant. Hafez is a family-owned restaurant serving the best Persian cuisine in the area for 5+ years now. We have been selected as the best top 25 restaurants in Las Vegas for two years in a row.
You could have a new and memorable Persian experience with us.
Remember that you could also order a veggie plate in Las Vegas online through the menu of the website.