The Persian Gulf and the Caspian Sea have been the two suppliers of fish in Persia (Iran). The fish from the Caspian Sea (as Iranians say: Maahi Shomal- the Fish from the north) is of better quality and taste. So, salmon fish have become popular in recent years. As Iranians love kabob, they grill salmon fish as well.
Salmon kabob benefits and calories
One 100-gram portion of salmon fish has 2.3 grams of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids. Since your body can’t create omega-3 fats, they are essential, unlike other oils. Salmon is rich in high-quality protein. The B vitamin in fish is crucial to turn the food you eat into energy, repair, and create DNA cells. Eating salmon is very beneficial for the heart. Every 100 gr of salmon has 206 calories.
Salmon Kabob Ingredients
- Pepper, salt
- Infused saffron
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
Salmon Kabob Recipe
Like every other Persian kabob, marinating plays an important role in the process of making kabob. The marinate acts like brine to help the salmon from drying out.
- Wash the Fish. Cut the salmon into cubes and coat with some olive oil.
- Marinate it in one bowl with salt, pepper, capsicum, saffron, and lemon juice and set aside for a few hours.
- Instead of saffron, you could use turmeric, red pepper, or garlic powder.
- Thread marinated salmon and through on skewers. Arrange them on the medium-heated grill. While grilling, add some olive oil to become tender.
- Turn once halfway through the fish to let both sides get grilled.
The Fish is usually served with rice and bread. Eating fish and rice on the Persian New Year (which occurs at the start of Spring) has been one of the cultural icons in Iran. Lemon juice, pickle, tomato, are usually served aside. Since fish is cold in nature, Iranians eat dates after to balance it.
Salmon Kabob in Las Vegas
You can try the Salmon kabob in Las Vegas Hafez Persian Restaurant. We are a family-owned business specializing in Persian cuisine. Hafez has provided the best Persian food in the area for 5+ years now. You can try an authentic Persian taste right in the middle of Las Vegas.
You could also order Salmon kabob in Las Vegas online through the menu of the website.