Mast O Khiar
Mast O Khiar is a delicious classic Persian (Iranian) mix of cucumbers with creamy yogurt. Mast O Khiar in Farsi means yogurt and cucumber. It is a fabulous Persian appetizer that is quick, easy, and vegetarian.
Mast O Khiar Benefits and Calories
Mast O Khiar is low carb and gluten-free, prevents osteoporosis, lowers the risk of high blood pressure, and suitable for weight management. It is rich in A, D, E, K, C vitamins. Mast o Khiar is a light side dish that goes well with stew, kabob, rice dishes, and every other meal. Every 100gr of Mast O Khiar has 64 calories.
Mast O Khiar Ingredients
- Persian cucumbers
- Dried mint
- Salt & pepper
- Walnut and raisins
Mast O Khiar Recipe
- Chop the cucumbers into small pieces.
- Combine yogurt with salt, pepper, dried herbs, and cucumber, then stir it.
- Depending on your taste, you can add walnuts and raisins and other nuts.
- Decorate the top with some more dried mint, walnuts, raisins, and dried rose petals as Iranians would do.
- Serve Mast O Khiar in a large bowl or individual small bowls with pita chips or pita bread.
Since yogurt and cucumber have a cold nature, Iranians always use walnuts and raising that have warm nature to balance this dip.