Lubia Polo, in Farsi meaning green bean rice, is simple to cook but tastes terrific. It not only hasn’t lost its popularity over time but also has become more diverse and delicious. The ingredients are common kitchen staples that are easily available.
You can add Lubia Polo with other Persian stews too. If you are vegetarian, you can make it without any meat or chicken.
Lubia Polo Benefit and calories
Lubia Polo is a rich source of omega 3, A, C, vitamins, thiamin, and folic acid. It is a high source of fiber and healthy for those who suffer from digestive problems. The K vitamin in it is essential for bones. Every bowl of Lubia Polo has 360 calories.
Lubia Polo Ingredients
- Beef (some use chicken as well-optional)
- Green Beans
- Tomato Paste
- Cinnamon, ginger powder
- Salt, black pepper, turmeric
- Potato for Tahdig (optional)
- Bread for Tahdig (optional)
Lubia Polo Recipe
- soak the rice before with some salt in water for 2 hours.
- Cut the meat into small pieces. Stir-fry them with some oil on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Now sauté the chopped onions and garlic in another pan until they are lightly golden brown, and add them to the meat and stir them. Next, add the spices to the meat and onion and mix them.
- Add the chopped beans to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and mix the mixture entirely for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the rice into boiling water. Drain the rice once it is ready, drain it in a colander, and rinse with cool water.
- You can either use bread or potato at the bottom of the pot to make delicious Tahdig half and half. Oil the bottom of the container, put a thin layer of bread or sliced flat potato in the bottom of the pot.
- Mix rice with meat and bean sauce in a pyramid shape away from the sides of the container.
- Making a few holes in the rice with the bottom of the spatula would help to release steam.
Pour some oil on the top. 25 to 30 minutes for cooking Lubia Polo on gentle heat should be enough.
Lubia Polo in Las Vegas
Try Lubia Polo in Las Vegas in Hafez Persian Restaurant. It’s a delicious Persian breakfast, appetizer, or main dish you could try and enjoy with the best Persian spice. Hafez has been serving the best Persian cuisine to the residents for 5+ years now.
You could also order Lubia Polo in Las Vegas online through the menu of our website.