Kashk O Bademjan
If you love eggplant, Persian (Iranian) cuisines could be a paradise for you. Kashk Bademjan is one of the most popular dishes in Iran. In making cheese, after straining the milk, the remaining liquid is called Kashk, which is a type of yogurt. Kashk and eggplant are the two main ingredients of this dish. Kashk O Bademjan is often served as a great appetizer, but some prefer it as a light dish.
Kashk O Bademjan Benefits and Calories
Kashk O Bademjan is rich in calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium which helps the strength of bones and teeth and prevents osteoporosis. Kash is high in iron and copper, so it prevents anemia. It has vitamins A, C, E that improves the immune system. One small bowl of Kashk O Bademjan has 262 calories.
Kashk O Bademjan Ingredients
- Chopped mint, fresh or dried
- Salt, pepper
- More Kashk
- Vegetable oil
Kashk O Bademjan Recipe
- Peel eggplant off, take the top off and slice them, fry the eggplants until they become soft and golden.
- Put sliced onions in a frying pan with heated oil. Pour garlic and fry until it becomes golden.
- Mix browned eggplants with onions, add one or two cups of water and cover them to cook for 10-15 minutes on medium heat until the eggplants are ready.
- In the end, add crushed walnut and smash it to become smooth.
- If you want to minimize the use of oil, you can bake or grill the eggplants.
- If you prefer a more dietary dish, use low-fat Kashk.
- Add some more Kashk to the top to taste better and decoration.
Kashk O Bademjan in Las Vegas
The light and nutritious Kashk O Bademjan is perfect for your meal at work and avoid the afternoon slump. You give it a try, and you will become a fan and want to try other Persian cuisines. Kashk O Bademjan in Las Vegas is available to you by Hafez Persian Restaurant.
The perfect Persian cuisine with delicious taste brings you the experience of visiting Persia. You could also order your Kashk O Bademjan in Las Vegas and delicious a gathering with Persian food.