Pacha or Kalle-Pache is a delicious traditional Persian dish that dates back to 2.000 BC, according to recent digging in Persia. It is also common in Albania, Armenia, Bulgaria, Mongolia, and the Middle East. In Arabic countries, it is called “Pacheh,” and in Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia, it is called “Khash.”
Kale Pache is served in particular restaurants in Iran, which is called “Kale Pazi” (meaning a place for cooking sheep head) or “Tabakhi”(meaning a place for cooking).
It is the most famous Persian breakfast on weekends.
Pacha is sheep head and feet soup. Pacha refers to a stew made from boiled sheep parts, which could include the head, feet, stomach, brain, eyes, tongue, and stomach.
Kale Pache Benefits and Calories
Kale Pache is a caloric bomb that provides all the energy you need during the day. It is rich in protein with high quality, which is essential in the growth, repair of tissue of the body and production of cells. Sheep’s tongue is fatty and contains a lot of vitamins B, especially vitamin B12.
Every 100g of Kale Pache has 300 calories. People who have high blood lipids or high blood cholesterol and uric acid, and have gout, should avoid using this food.
Kale Pache Ingredients
- Sheep Head
- Sheep Feet
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Grains Garlic
- Cold Water
- Chickpea (Optional)
- Lemon juice
Kale Pache in Las Vegas
You can try Kale Pache in Las Vegas in Hafez Persian Restaurant with the best taste ever. Hafez has been serving the Las Vegas residents with the best Persian cuisine for 5+ years now. We got selected as the best top 25 restaurants in Las Vegas for two years in a row. It’s our pleasure to serve you.
You could also order Kale Pache in Las Vegas online through the menu of the website.
Kale Pache Recipe
The cooking recipe for Kaleh Pacheh is simple but takes time. It can be summed up into putting the sheep parts in a pot, adding water, wait and let it cook slowly and entirely over medium heat.
The primary point in making Kale Pache is to clean the legs and the head neatly. Be patient and put it on medium heat until it is ready to serve. Using spices, which is mainly black pepper, and turmeric is another important point.You can clean Kale Pache yourself to make sure about its health, cleanness or you can buy it cleaned;
- After cleaning, put the parts in a pot and add enough water to cover them. Peel, cut the onion and add it to the pot.
- Add salt, pepper, turmeric. Set the heat and put the lid on. Be careful when setting the heat; the water should not and does not need to boil. A temperature near a hundred degrees is enough; the pot ingredient should boil or simmer very, very gently. Preparing this dish takes time.
- When the water starts to boil, the froth of top appears. It’s best to change the water in this step to get better results.
- You can put Kaleh Pache on heat at night and serve it in the morning for breakfast.
- It takes almost 5-6 hours for Kale Pache to be cooked completely, but the timing can differ.
- When the meat is tender and separates from bones easily, your kale Pache is ready.
For serving Kaleh Pacheh, remember to remove the bones, and serve it with bread and lime, sour orange or cinnamon for easier digestion.