Hummus is a delicious classic Middle Eastern dish and the Mediterranean region. But, it has become really famous and popular among Iranians. “Hummus” comes from the Arabic language word meaning “chickpeas.” Traditionally it is eaten with wedges of raw onion and pita bread. Hummus is often served as an appetizer, but some pick it as a light dish.
Hummus Benefit and Calories
Hummus is high in different types of nutrients: protein, iron, vitamin C and B6, and dietary fiber. As its high nutritional value, people serve it in ceremonies as the main dish too. It’s primarily made from chickpeas, tahini, lemon, garlic, and spices. With spices like sumac, cumin, and smoked paprika, it tastes better. Hummus is very healthy, but that doesn’t mean you can have it every day. Too much of anything is bad. One cup of Hummus contains 200 calories and only one gram of fat.
- Olive oil (plus more for garnishing)
- Garlic cloves (optional)
- Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- Lemon juice
- Pitta bread
- Salt, pepper
- Put lemon, garlic, and peas in a blender.
- Add a little water and mix for a few seconds.
- Add garlic and salt, mix with lemon and peas.
- Go on blending until the mixture becomes smooth.
- While mixing, add water so the mixture becomes to your taste. 2-3 spoon of water is enough.
- Taste and adjust the salts and lemon.
- Pour hummus in a bowl; add olive oil, decorate it to your taste and serve
If you dont like the taste of garlic, you could cook it and then add it to salt, pepper, and oil.
- Some people prefer to add olive oil while mixing the mixture in the blender.
- Instead of water, you could use yogurt to make Hummus tender.
- If you are using canned peas, let them boil in water for 10m to become tender.
- If you can’t soak the peas the night before, boil them a few times and change the water every time.
Hummus in Las Vegas
Now that you want to try the delicious Hummus in Las Vegas, try Hafez Persian Restaurant. We have served the residents for 5+ years with the best Persian cuisine in Las Vegas.
You can try a wide range of Persian stews, appetizers, and kabobs with an authentic taste. You could also order Hummus and all the other Persian food online in Las Vegas.