Greek salad is one of the most popular and well-known Greek dishes outside and inside Greece. It is called “Horiatiki”, which means village in the Greek language. It is similar to Persian Shirazi salad. Greeks use a lot of vegetables in their cuisine. Since this simple Salad doesn’t have a creamy dressing and leafy greens, it can last for three days in the fridge.
Greek Salad Benefits and Calories
Greek salad is perfect for those who are on a diet and want to lose weight.
It has phytonutrients and antioxidants, which reduces the risk of health problems. Every two cups of Greek Salad has 212 calories.
Greek salad Ingredients
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Blocks of Greek feta
- Dried oregano
- Feta cheese
Greek salad Recipe
- The quality of ingredients used is the key to have the best of this Salad.
- Cut cucumber, pepper, onion, tomatoes.
- Put everything in a large dish and mix them.
- Add a good handful of the pitted olives.
- Season very slowly with salt. Pour the olive oil and vinegar. Give everything a very gentle toss to mix.
Make the dressing:
Combine vinegar, lemon juice, and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Slowly add olive oil, whisking to combine.
Now add the feta blocks on top.