Ghormeh Sabzi Stew
Ghormeh Sabzi is among the most popular Persian cuisines. It is a stew prepared with fresh herbs, meat, beans, and considered to be the Persian national dish. Ghormeh Sabzi has been named one of the most beloved Persian stews that almost all Iranians love it. Some call it the “King of Persian Stews”. It is unique among Iranians since it is one of the only foods that has not changed over time.
Ghormeh Sabzi benefits and calories
Ghormeh Sabzi is rich in D, C, B vitamins, Calcium, magnesium, and folate. Ghormeh Sabzi increases appetite and strengthens the immune system. It has vitamin B12 from parsley, which is good for the nervous system. Parsley has essential oil, which can inhibit tumor growth. Due to its iron content, Ghormeh Sabzi also helps in preventing anemia. One serving dish of Ghormeh Sabzi has 320 calories.
Ghormeh Sabzi Ingredients
- Stewing meat
- Persian limes
- Beans (optional: pinto beans, kidney beans or black-eyed peas)
- Parsley (fresh is preferred)
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh fenugreek
- Salt & pepper
Ghormeh Sabzi Recipe
- t doesn’t need any particular skill to make Ghormeh Sabzi, and it’s pretty simple if you follow the method carefully.
- First, soak beans in water for 3 to 8 hours.
- Wash vegetables and chop them. Heat oil in a pot, and once it’s hot, saute herbs for about 15 minutes, stir it occasionally until they are a bit dark in color. Then turn the heat off and set the herbs aside, add water, and bring it to simmer; now add the rinsed beans to the meat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add in sauteed herbs to the stew, cook for another 1 to 2 hours until the lamb and beans are fully cooked.
- Pierce the dried limes and add them to the stew. Cook for another 30 minutes.
- In the final hour of cooking, taste the stew a few times to make sure if it’s ready or needs more time.
Persian Ghormeh Sabzi is usually served with a side of steamed rice, yogurt, and fresh vegetables.
Ghormeh Sabzi Stew In Las Vegas
Try Ghormeh sabzi stew in Las Vegas in Hafez Persian Resturant. We have served Persian food in the city for 5+ years. You can have a delicious experience here and create a memorable time.
You could also order Ghormeh sabzi stew in Las Vegas online through our website, Uber eats, and GrubHub. The choice is yours in online ordering.