Gheymeh Stew is a traditional Iranian stew, and one of the most famous Iranian national dishes. The word Gheymeh applies to any meat that cuts into cubes.
Gheymeh Stew is popular among Iranian that almost everyone loves it.
Gheymeh Stew benefit and calory
This stew has A, C, E vitamins, and improves general body strength. There are nearly 200 calories, 10 gr of protein, 1 gram of fat, 26 grams of carbohydrates, 10 grams of dietary fiber for every 115 g of Gheymeh Stew. Gheymeh stew is rich in amino acids, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and vitamin C. It includes Lamb which contains many minerals and vitamins. One cup of Gheymeh Stew has 307 calories.
How to cook a tastier Gheymeh Stew?
Fry well onion until becomes golden and caramel, because the taste of fried onion affects very much the stew, you can even use 2 onions instead of one onion, so that the taste of fried onion is evident.
Fry potato paste well, as it affects the color and taste of the stew, but it should not be burnt and bitter.
Do not fry the meat before pouring water, as it becomes rigid.
If the meat is fattier, it will become more delicious.
There is no need to cook split peas before because it is completely cooked with the rest of the ingredients.
One of the most important reasons to have a tasty Khoresht Gheymeh is to slowly cook with a low flame and have patience.
Make sure you bring the dried lemon out of stew after 1 hour, as it may cause the stew to get bitter.
Do not forget about saffron, which the half taste of Gheymeh is due to saffron.
Perhaps the part you need to add rose water and sugar makes you surprised, but be sure that they are one of the secrets to having paradise smells of Gheymeh.
You should not pour sugar to the extent that the stew has the sweet taste, but the taste of stew just to be a little delicate.
In order to have tasty fried potatoes, add them a bit turmeric while they’re frying.
Gheymeh Stew Recipe
- Soak the yellow split pea for at least one hour.
- Chop the onion. Fry them with two tablespoons of oil until it turns golden.
- Add meat to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add turmeric, salt, pepper. Saute until all sides of the beef are lightly brown.
- Saute yellow split peas in the pot for five minutes then add them.
- Add saffron and stir thoroughly. Add tomato paste and mix well. Add enough water to cover the blend by 2 inches. Make it boil on high heat for a couple of minutes. Then lower the temperature, cover the lid, and cook on medium to low heat for 60 minutes.
- Add a little more water if necessary. Add dried limes to the pot. Before adding the limes, make some holes in them using a knife — Cook at low temperature for 30 more minutes.
- Fry potatoes and add them when you serve the stew.
Gheymeh Stew Ingredients
- Meat (lamb or beef)
- Raw split peas
- Tomato paste
- Dried lemons
- Salt, pepper, and turmeric
Gheymeh Stew in Las Vegas
Gheymeh Stew in Las Vegas is available for you in Hafez Persian Restaurant. You can taste the authentic Persian stew in the city and have a memorable experience.
Hafez Persian Restaurant has been serving Las Vegas residents Persian food for 5+ years now. Offering the best quality food to customers has been our top priority.
You could also order Gheymeh Stew in Las Vegas online through the website, Uber Eats, or Grub Hub. Go through the menu to get familiar with other Persian cuisines.