Eggplant Gheymeh Stew
Eggplant Gheymeh stew is similar to Persian (Iranian) Gheymeh Stew; the only difference is using eggplant/aubergine in it. Eggplant Gheymeh Stew is extremely popular and famous all around Iran. The main ingredients are eggplant and yellow split beans.
Eggplant Gheymeh Stew Benefits and calories
Eggplants are rich in many nutrients, high in antioxidants, and promote blood sugar control. They could help with weight loss. Also, beans are a rich protein source, reduce the risk of cancer, and prevent fatty liver. One serving of eggplant Gheymeh has 380 calories.
Eggplant Gheymeh Stew Ingredients:
- Lamb’s leg
- Yellow split peas
- Vegetable oil
- Tomato paste
- Black pepper/salt
Eggplant Gheymeh Stew Recipe:
- Cut the meat into small pieces. Fry the meat over medium to high temperature in oil until become golden brown on each side.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Toast the onions over low to medium heat. Add the garlic after 5 minutes and fry them together for a few more minutes.
- Put the meat in a pan, add 3 cups of water, and let the stew simmer for over 1 hour.
- Pre-cook the split peas in water for 20 minutes.
- When the stew is ready after 1 hour, add the tomato puree, turmeric, black pepper, and salt to taste.
- Fry the aubergines until both sides become golden brown.
- Add the split peas and fried aubergines to the stew, and let it simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Your Eggplant Gheymeh Stew is ready.