There are four types of Doogh:
- Carbonated Doogh
- Non-Fat Carbonated Doogh
- Non-Carbonated Doogh
- Non-Carbonated and Non-Fat Doogh
Despite soda and industrial drinks, Doogh is suitable for over one-year-old children and provides protein, calcium, B, D vitamins, and water for the body.
Mint, pennyroyal, Ziziphora, or Damask rose are often added to flavor Persian Doogh. These herbs help digestion and improve blood circulation.
Drinking Doogh is recommended in hot seasons of the year with f
When Doogh is ready, you can mix it with some garlic or shallot powder and peppermint powder.
Some add celery to Doogh as well. Adding chopped and soaked shallots in Doogh and staying in it for a few days will give it a fantastic taste.
- Yogurt – the more sour and tangy varieties work best
- Dried mint
- Salt/pepper (optional)
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Cucumber (optional)
- Chop mint, cucumber in tiny pieces.
- Mix yogurt, mint, cucumber, salt, and pepper in a pitcher. Pour in the water or club soda; stir the mixture until yogurt is dissolved into water, and all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add salt and pepper; adjust the taste; stir again.
- Cool down the drink in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Pour into glasses over a few ice cubes and flavor with fresh mint