Dandeh Kabob (lamb ribs kabob) is one of the official and original Kabobs in Kermanshah province in Western Iran. It is well-known as one of the most delicious, popular, and famous meals in this region.
Dandeh Kabob is like Shishlik kabob but with a different taste, which is cooked in particular methods in most restaurants. The chefs in Kermanshah province prepare a special sauce and pour it on kabobs repeatedly during the cooking and preparation process.
Dandeh Kabob Benefits and calory
Ribs are a high source of energy, calory, protein, calcium, and phosphorus. We have not forgotten Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacy-house of cards) had ribs on every Congress session! If you are willing to lose weight, have ribs in your diet regularly. One serving of rib has 165 calories.
Dandeh Kabob Ingredients
- Tomato paste
- Salt, pepper
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Lamb’s ribs
- Bay Laurel
Dandeh Kabob Recipe
- Cut the ribs in small pieces. There is one layer of fat on the ribs. Remember not to remove it to get a better Kabob.
- Pour cold water in one bowl; add lamb ribs to it and set aside for one hour.
- Add grated garlic, yogurt, bay laurel, salt, and pepper in a bowl and combine thoroughly. Then add lamb ribs to the mixture and blend well.
- Put the marinated ribs in one dish and cover it. Put the ribs in the fridge. Let the ribs get the taste of the spices for at least 2-3 hours. The longer you marinate, the tastier ribs will be.
- Saute tomato paste with a little oil for 2-3m; then add salt, pepper, lemon juice, and infused saffron to create a particular thick paste.
- Take ribs out of the fridge and rub the prepared paste on them.
- Put the ribs on a skewer, meanwhile rub a little oil on them to become tender.
- Grill ribs on medium-heat; turn over regularly and let the ribs grill on both sides.
- Now you can rub some lemon juice on ribs to make them a little bit sour. But Choices yours.
- When ribs are grilled, put them on a stray or bread and rub a little more of the prepared paste on it.
Enjoy your delicious Dandeh kabob with rice, bread, lemon juice, grilled capsicum or tomato.