Chili (hot beans) is one of Iranian food that is nutritional, healthy, and delicious. Chili, Adasi, and porridge (Haleem) are famous for breakfast among Iranians. Most of the legumes are high in protein, and chili is no exception. Chili can be served as an appetizer, light meal or nutritious breakfast.
Chili benefits and calories
Chili is rich in fiber; it can help lower blood glucose and competes with meat in this category. Also, the fiber can help create a feeling of fullness to lose weight. Beans are a rich source of amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein.
Beans contain several vital nutrients, including folate. Folate is essential for overall health. People who add beans to their diet may be less likely to get a cardiovascular problem or heart disease. Every 100g of chili has 347 calories.
- Mushroom (optional)
- Potato (optional)
- Lemon/lemon juice
- Tomato paste
- Salt, pepper, turmeric
Some people complain about distension after eating beans/legumes. It is best to soak beans a few hours or the night before cooking to prevent this issue.
- Soak beans in a bowl of water. Changing the water a few times removes distension, and beans will be cooked better.
- Wash and chop the onion — heat oil up in a frying pan over medium-temperature. Saute the onions in the frying pan; when it became golden-brown, place them in a container and set them aside.
- Wash and chop the garlic; saute them in a frying pan over low heat.
- Chop tomato and add them to the pan; saute and stir with garlic. Go on sauteing until its water evaporates.
- Take beans out of the water, dry them; add them to the tomato pan with tomato paste; mix thoroughly.
- Add 4 glasses of water to the pan; put the lid on and let it cook over low heat for 3 hours. in this phase, the pot should be big enough to hold all the ingredients.
- Peel potatoes off and wash; chop to small cubes. Add them in an oiled pan just to be cooked, not fried. Add the half-cooked potatoes to beans in the last 45m. Adding earlier causes potatoes to overcook, causing chili to be ruined.
- Wash and chop mushroom in medium-large size to give a better shape to chili. Put the mushroom in the pot; wait for the mixture to be cooked thoroughly. You could use a few lemon juice/lemon to make chili taste better.
Chili in Las Vegas
If you like to try Persian Chili in Las Vegas, you could have it in Hafez Persian Restaurant. We are a family business serving the best Persian cuisine in Las Vegas. Hafez has been selected as the best top 25 restaurants in Las Vegas for two years in a row. You could have a memorable Persian experience with us.
Please remember that you could also order Persian Chili in Las Vegas online through the menu of the website.