Chicken Koobideh or ground chicken kabob is a mixture of ground chicken, ground onion, and saffron. It has been one of the staple food of Iranians for a very long time. Iranians mostly make this kebob on char broil fire. Eating kabob has become a ritual in Persian family gatherings.
Chicken Koobideh Benefits and Calories
The chicken will protect against cancer, keeps the bone healthy, and increases metabolism. Vitamin B in chicken is an excellent source of energy. Chicken is preferred over red meat due to easy digestion and many health benefits.
Every 100 gr of Chicken Koobideh has 164 calories.
Chicken Koobideh Ingredients:
- Ground chicken
- Saffron, resting in hot water
- Smoked paprika (optional)
Chicken Koobideh Recipe:
- Soak the saffron in hot water.
- Combine ground chicken, smashed onion, saffron, turmeric, salt, black pepper, and red pepper well using your hands. Remember that marinating in making Persian kabob is the key.
- Take a fist-size portion of the chicken mixture, place it around the skewer. Squeeze and make sure they don’t fall off.
- Put the skewers over the grill, turn them regularly until each kabob is fully cooked. When becoming golden-brown, its time to remove them. Rubbing a little olive oil, oil or butter would make the kabob more delicious.
- Place the kabobs on a platter, squeeze a bit of lemon/lemon juice over the kabob, sprinkle with sumac.
- The Persian kabob is often served with rice and bread.
Chicken Koobideh in Las Vegas
Chicken Koobideh is one of the greatest Persian kabobs which has a worldwide reputation. You can try Chicken Koobideh in Las Vegas in Hafez Persian Restaurant. We have been serving Persian food in the area for 5+ years now.
You can taste authentic Persian cuisine right in the middle of Las Vegas with the best taste and ingredients.
The good news is that you can order Chicken Koobideh in Las Vegas online through Grubhub or UberEats.