Chicken kabob or Joojeh kabab is a classic grilled chicken kabob recipe from Persian (Iran) cuisine. Chicken pieces are smothered and marinated in the saffron and lemon. Chicken Kabob is cooked over char-broil fire, making the chicken juicy and served over fragrant butter saffron, grilled tomatoes, and rice. Chicken Kabob has become the main type of kabob made in family gatherings and parties.
Benefits and Calories
Chicken is low in fat and high in protein. It provides an excellent source of vitamin A, D, B6, which helps in the production of white and red blood cells, insulin, and neurotransmitters. One skewer of chicken kabob has 130 calories.
Chicken kabob Ingredient
- Chicken slices
- Lemon juice
- Ground saffron powder
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
Chicken Kabob Recipe
- Soak saffron threads in hot (not boiling) liquid for 5 to 20 minutes.
- Cut the chicken in 1/2 inch pieces and toss with spices, lemon juice, onion, saffron liquid and stir well to mix.
- In making chicken kabob, marinating is the most important step. For the best results, the chicken pieces should be marinated for at least 24 hours.
- Skewer the Chicken Pieces and grill for 6 – 7 minutes on each side until they are golden on the outside and white and juicy on the inside.
- Put the tomatoes on the skewer and cook them well.
- Cook rice, put some saffron liquid on top and serve chicken and tomato beside. Persian chicken kabob is often served with rice and bread.