Caesar Salad is one of the famous and popular Italian appetizers. It is not named because of a Roman empire, but for Cesare Cardini, an Italian chef who moved to California because of WWI. Recently, it has become popular in Iran too. It is mainly made of lettuce and croutons. The best dressing is with lemon juice (or lime juice), egg, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, and garlic. Balsamic Vinegarette dressing goes well with this salad too.
Caesar Salad Benefits and calories
Caesar salad improves the digestive system, boosts energy level, is full of vitamins A, C, and potassium. If you are worried that Cesar salad is unhealthy, you can remove eggs from the recipe for high cholesterol. Every 100 gr of Caesar salad has 44 calories.
Caesar Salad Ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice (plus more to taste)
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Anchovy paste, or anchovies,
- Eggs (optional)
- Black pepper
- Chicken (optional)
Caesar Salad Recipe
In making Caesar Salad, dressing is an essential and necessary part.
This Caesar dressing is light, healthy, and packs so much fresh flavor without needing much salt at all. Olive oil, garlic, raw eggs, lemon juice, and anchovies are materials to make Classic Caesar Salad dressing.
- Boil the eggs, but not too much.
- Whisk together the olive oil and garlic and eggs, so the color changes smooth and creamy.
- Put the dressing in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Set oven to 375° to preheat.
- Toss season bread with salt and pepper and toss it with olive oil on a baking sheet.
- Bake, occasionally stirring, until golden, 10–15 minutes.
- Mix chopped lettuce, add the parmesan and baked bread, and pour the dressing on it.
Caesar Salad in Las Vegas
The Persians have welcomed Caesar Salad with open arms into their cuisine. It has become popular, and families love it. You can taste Caesar Salad in Las Vegas in Hafez Persian Restaurant. It’s like having European food with a Persian taste with American atmosphere. Hafez has served Las Vegas with Persian food for 5+ years now.
You could also order Caesar Salad in Las Vegas online. Go through the menu of the website.