Barg Kabob is one of the popular Persian (Iranian) kabobs among families. It consists of lamb or beef, usually employs fillets, tenderloin cut into strips and marinated before they are skewered and traditionally grilled on charcoal barbecues. Like many Persian (Iranian) kabobs, Barg Kabob typically served with a side of steamed rice and grilled vegetables.
Barg Kabob Benefits and Calories
Lamb is highly nutritious. Every skewer of Barg kabob has 240 calories. Lamb and beef are rich in protein, calcium, B1, B2, B12. Since lams are high in protein and low in fat, it is a good option for losing weight.
Barg Kabob Ingredient
- Lamb/ beef
- Grated onion
- Salt, black pepper
- Saffron (optional)
- Olive oil/butter
- Rosemary leaves (optional)
Barg Kabob Recipe
- Cut lamb into 4-5 cm long and 1 cm thick pieces. The fat on the meat needs to be melted, so don’t remove it.
- Soak the meat into a bowl of rosemary leaves, ground onion water, red vinegar, olive oil, laurel, carnation, Indian nutmeg, butter, saffron, and grated garlic cubes. You need to know that in making Persian kabobs, marinating is the most important point. The longer and better you marinate with different spices, the more tasty/juicy kabob you will get.
- Enter the skewers slowly into the meat while you hold the meat in your hand.
- Put the skewers on the heat and carefully turn over to make the meat grilled to your liking. Pouring some lemon/lemon juice on meat before grilling makes kabob tender and sour as the Iranians prefer it.
- After 10-15 m, depending on your heat, the color of the meat becomes dark-brown and ready.
- Barg Kabob like all the other types of Persian kabobs is served with either rice or bread.
Barg Kabob in Las Vegas
Barg kabob is one of the luxury and most delicious Persian kabobs. Serving your guests with this amazing Persian kabob conveys your great respect to the guest in Persian culture. You can try Barg Kabob in Las Vegas in Hafez Persian Restaurant. We have been serving the Las Vegas residents with the best Persian food for 5+ years now.
You could also order Barg Kabob in Las Vegas online through UberEats and GrubHub as well.